Public bug reported:

I have just loaded the Ubuntu from LINUX format July 2017 edition, onto
my wifes computer. I tried to load a DVD player onto the computer (a
Lenovo ideapad 305) and every program that I try fails at 15% with an
error "apt exception failure", I have since gone to the room above the
room I was in (where the router is) and have managed to load VLC player
without a problem. Any ideas why and how I can make it easier to use
WiFi in all rooms in my semi-detached 3 bed house. I wondered if it was
the software or the computer (which has just been bought, pre-installed
with Windows 10. Widows 10 has been totally removed as it refused to
allow dual boot.

** Affects: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Software center apt failure at 15% when loading programs

Status in software-center package in Ubuntu: