** Package changed: ubuntu => network-manager-applet (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu.

  Desktop freeze after failure to authenticate to WiFi

Status in “network-manager-applet” package in Ubuntu:

  After repeated failures to authenticate to WPA2 router, the desktop
  freezes. Also, while trying, I could not launch any other app, nor run
  any command at all on the command line (eg. sudo network-manager
  restart).

  After my router was switched off, I could not re-authenticate (WAP2).
  I get a chance to re-enter the pass phrase couple of times, but the
  eventually the desktop freezes if I try to cancel the operation.

  While in the process, I tried launching the network setting panel, or
  run commands from the command line (Alt+Ctl+F1), but with no luck.

  This is my 5-6 installation of ubuntu 11.10 on a MacBook Pro (6,2) and
  this behavior is very consistent and always happens eventually.

  As I can not access the OS anymore, I can not provide the other
  information required. I've updated the system with the current updates
  available in the official repositories, but regard less, this problem
  manifests it self even when runing of a vanilla installation w/o any
  modifications.

  This time around, I didn't install the restricted drives for the
  Broadcom chip, and was able to connect wirelessly w/o a problem.