This bug was fixed in the package gnome-orca - 3.25.4-0ubuntu2

---------------
gnome-orca (3.25.4-0ubuntu2) artful; urgency=medium

  [ Alex ARNAUD ]
  * Build-depend on and run dh-autoreconf. This was accidentally dropped
    when merging 3.24. (LP: #1714688)

 -- Jeremy Bicha <jbi...@ubuntu.com>  Tue, 05 Sep 2017 08:41:14 -0400

** Changed in: gnome-orca (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-orca in Ubuntu.

  orca fails to start

Status in gnome-orca package in Ubuntu:

  Dear Ubuntu desktop team,

  Since the upgrade from Orca 3.22 to 3.24 or 3.25 it is no longer
  possible to start Orca if it wants to use GSettings.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1) Upgrade to the last gnome-orca release
  2) Remove the folder "~/.local/share/orca/" if you've it
  3) Launch Orca from a terminal to see the log

  You will obtain the following error message:
  http://paste.ubuntu.com/25451496/

  Why we've this bug? See my comment on another bug that explain the
  origin of the issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
  orca/+bug/1704847/comments/9

  The issue comes from because the new package doesn't include the
  GSettings backend it uses with the patches "0001-Add-GSettings-
  backend-to-Orca.patch".

  To fix the issue we could include again "autoreconf.mk" to the "debian/rules"
file.
  You could find the diff here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/25451573/

  Best regards.