This bug was fixed in the package cups-filters - 1.17.4-0ubuntu1

---------------
cups-filters (1.17.4-0ubuntu1) artful; urgency=medium

  * New upstream release
    - pdftopdf: If the input PDF file contains an interactive
      form, flatten it to static PDF so that further manipulation,
      like scaling, number-up, ... do not let the filled for
      content getting lost. This is implemented by using the
      pdftocairo utility of Poppler and if this fails Ghostscript
      (9.22 or later recommended). This will probably replaced by
      a QPDF-based solution later. Thanks to Tobias Hoffmann for
      the QPDF-based detection of PDF forms (Upstream bug #1315,
      LP: #1564249).

 -- Till Kamppeter <till.kamppe...@gmail.com>  Sun, 10 Sep 2017 16:14:50
-0300

** Changed in: cups-filters (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups-filters in Ubuntu.

  Cannot print a PDF with AcroForms using fit-to-page

Status in cups-filters package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in qpdf package in Ubuntu:

  Using KUbuntu 14.04. I am trying to print the attached PDF with filled
  forms (AcroForms) with the following command:

  lpr -o fit-to-page PDFForm3.pdf

  But my Samsung ML-1210 prints the document with empty forms. If I omit
  -o fit-to-page then all the forms keep the filled data.

  ----------

  # lsb_release -rd
  Release:        14.04

  # apt-cache policy cups
  cups:
    Installed: 1.7.2-0ubuntu1.7
    Candidate: 1.7.2-0ubuntu1.7
    Version table:
   *** 1.7.2-0ubuntu1.7 0
          500 http://ftp.byfly.by/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main i386 Packages
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security/main i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1.7.2-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://ftp.byfly.by/ubuntu/ trusty/main i386 Packages

  CUPS in Xenial (from here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-
  live/current/xenial-desktop-i386.iso) has the same issue. Xenial:

  # lsb_release -rd
  Release:      16.04

  # apt-cache policy cups
  cups: