Public bug reported:

$ lsb_release -rd
Description:    Ubuntu 17.04
Release:        17.04

$ apt-cache policy evolution
evolution:
  Installed: 3.22.6-1ubuntu1
  Candidate: 3.22.6-1ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 3.22.6-1ubuntu1 500
        500 http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/ubuntu/archive zesty/universe amd64 
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

To reproduce:

1. Hit reply to some mail to enter the composer
2. Use text-mode reply
3. Select the entire message
4. Change formatting from 'Normal' to 'Preformatted'
5. Observe seemingly random and unexpected reply nesting

I primarily run into this when replying to patches on mailing lists, but
I don't think the problem is limited to such messages. I'll upload
before/after screenshots to illustrate.

** Affects: evolution (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

** Attachment added: "Before formatting 'Preformatted'"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1719233/+attachment/4956478/+files/Screenshot%20from%202017-09-25%2012-47-11.png

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1719233

Title:
  Composer inserts additional reply nesting when formatting response as
  'Preformatted'

Status in evolution package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  $ lsb_release -rd
  Description:    Ubuntu 17.04
  Release:        17.04

  $ apt-cache policy evolution
  evolution:
    Installed: 3.22.6-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 3.22.6-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 3.22.6-1ubuntu1 500
          500 http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/ubuntu/archive zesty/universe 
amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  To reproduce:

  1. Hit reply to some mail to enter the composer
  2. Use text-mode reply
  3. Select the entire message
  4. Change formatting from 'Normal' to 'Preformatted'
  5. Observe seemingly random and unexpected reply nesting

  I primarily run into this when replying to patches on mailing lists,
  but I don't think the problem is limited to such messages. I'll upload
  before/after screenshots to illustrate.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1719233/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to