** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  black screen after suspend

  ubuntu 17.10 (gnome 3.24.2)
  4.11.0-13-generic
  GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 - 384.59
  AMD® Fx(tm)-4170 quad-core processor × 4
  monitor 3840x2160 (dvi)

  It happens on 1 of 3 times. I don't know what causes that.

  When I am going to leave my pc for several hours I put it first on
  suspend/sleep mode. At about one third of resumes (from suspend mode)
  a black screen occurs and there is nothing I could do about it (except
  from hard reset). If something is pressed by keyboard like
  'ctrl+alt+F1' or F2, screen starts again black (it searches for signal
  - backlight turned on - working mode). If nothing is pressed by
  keyboard, the screen closes after 1-2sec (backlight turned off -
  standby mode).