** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Consider changing "Activities" text to Ubuntu icon image by default
  for brand recognition

  On June 6th I ran a poll on Ubuntu's Google+ community asking if users
  thought the "Activities" text looked better in the top-left of the
  screen for the Activities button, or the Ubuntu logo (traditional or
  modified to fit the top panel style).

  Here are the results:
  https://plus.google.com/+JesseDuBordFilms/posts/LEjy6zxmNw3.

  Out of 169 participants, 87% thought the icon would look better.

  Wanted to officially bring it to the table for consideation.

  Benefits being:

  - Less ambiguous (the word "Activities" doesn't immediately depict the
button's purpose or function to the user, in my opinion).
  - Greater recognition for the Ubuntu brand. Nowhere on the default desktop
does it show the Ubuntu logo, I think this is a greatly missed opportunity.
Even Unity had the Ubuntu logo prominently on the top button of the dash.

  I feel like this warrants some consideration on the marketing and
  design team's end.