CurrentDesktop: GNOME
Date: Fri Oct 13 11:14:40 2017
DisplayManager: lightdm
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64 (20160420.1)
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to zesty on 2017-04-14 (182 days ago)

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug third-party-packages wayland-session zesty

  gnome-shell on wayland sleeps system when laptop lid closed

  Just testing out gnome-shell on Wayland, Ubuntu 17.04. When I close my
  laptop lid to just use my external display, the machine sleeps, even
  though sleeping on battery power is disabled in power settings. When
  running on Xorg, it correctly disables the builtin display and
  continues working with just the external monitor.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.24.2-0ubuntu0.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.20.4-0ubuntu4.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME