** Changed in: gnome-disk-utility

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-disk-utility in Ubuntu.

  While running the Orca screen reader, unable to create or restore disk
  images

Status in GNOME Disks:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-disk-utility package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in gnome-orca package in Ubuntu:

  When I choose either Create disk image or Restore disk image from the menu
next to the drive I want to work with, I'm able to select the path where I want
the image created or restored from. However, when the password dialog appears,
asking me to confirm the operation, I'm unable to read the dialog with Orca.
  Also, the password dialog appears to completely crash the screen reader. The
only way for me to regain screen reader output is to get sighted assistance to
cancel the dialog, then use Alt+super+s to restart Orca. The password dialog
read fine in 17.04.
  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start the screen reader by pressing Alt+Super+s.
  2. Open Disks from the overview search box.
  3. Find a drive to image by using the Up and Down arrow keys in the treeview
that appears.
  4. Press the Tab key until you hear the screen reader say "menu", then press
Enter to open it.
  5. Use the Down arrow key to find "Create Disk Image", then press Enter to
open it.
  6. Type a name for your image in the edit box, and make sure the combobox is
set to the path where you want the image saved.
  7. Tab to the "Start Creating..." button and press Enter.
  What happens?:
  At this point, I hear nothing from Orca, and my laptop's fan races as if the
CPU is under heavy load.
  What should happen?:
  The password dialog should be readable by Orca, and should not cause Orca to
crash.

  Package: gnome-disk-utility 3.26.1-0ubuntu1
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME