Ryzko,

Do you have a stacktrace for the crash you're getting now?
The one related to this title is definitely fixed, and errors.ubuntu.com
confirms it.

What you're getting might be more related to https://pad.lv/1723048 ?

  gnome-shell crashes with SIGABRT: mutter:ERROR:backends/meta-monitor-
  manager.c:2274:meta_monitor_manager_get_logical_monitor_from_number:
  assertion failed: ((unsigned int) number < g_list_length
  (manager->logical_monitors))

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Fix Released
Status in Mutter:
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/a9ace2e3301009e3a5344f8dac4e56fc4c23b1b8

  ---

  I'm testing Ubuntu 17.10 installed on Lenovo PC (with Intel Core
  i5-6500 CPU and Intel HD Graphics 530 (skylake GT2). Session is
  crashing (login screen is displayed again) every time I change the
  monitor Input (e.g. from DP to HDMI) or switching off the monitor. It
  is happening since some updated from beginning of September were
  installed. Same situation is for both session types, default Wayland
  and also for X.org. Tested also with Live USB, same behaviour.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.25.91-0ubuntu4
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME