Yes, I see what you see: the borders around the tabs are missing. Not
just on the Security prefpane, on all of them, that have tabs.

But that's all that's wrong. (Or at least all that's obviously wrong.)
So while I can corroborate you, I think it's a different error and
should have a separate bug report. This bug was for the whole user
interface falling apart, rendering the application unusable, and has
been fixed.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Thunderbird 1:52.4.0+build1-0ubuntu1 broken user interface

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Just received the update 1:52.4.0+build1-0ubuntu1 which has a broken
  user interface.

  See attached screenshot.

  Downgraded to thunderbird_52.3.0+build1-0ubuntu0.17.04.1_amd64.deb
  which solved the problem.