Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  vulkaninfo fails with VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER since 17.10

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using a Dell XPS 9560 with a Geforce 1050.

  Back on 17.04 (libvulkan-dev-1.0.42.0, nvidia-375) I could run
  vulkaninfo and my own Vulkan applications without a problem but, after
  switching to 17.10 (libvulkan-dev-1.0.61.1, nvidia-384), running
  vulkaninfo now results in the error attached. In other words, I cannot
  run any Vulkan-based application anymore.

  I have tried using Vulkan's SDK 1.0.42.2 from LunarG's website without
  success.

  I have been tempted to try rolling back to nvidia-375 but not being so
  familiar with Linux, I am a bit worried that things might go wrong.