I think if an application wants to use a partition (for example for
downloading or uploading something) and that partition is unmounted, the
system should try to mount it, and if permission is granted it will be
able to, if it needs extra privileges, it will fail of course. This way
the user wouldnt need to click on each partition to mount it for the
application.

I'm using Deluge, and reported a bug there also: http://dev.deluge-
torrent.org/ticket/1752

A long term solution would be to add this function to Ubuntu core
system. I dont think it would be a security hazard anyway, and it would
increase usability.

** Affects: hundredpapercuts

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

Mount partitions on app access if user permission is granted