** Description changed:

  I have a fresh installation of Ubuntu 16.04 on a Dell Latitude 5289
  Ultrabook that has a single 3.5mm jack for both input and output. This
  installation is in a dual-boot situation with Windows 10. This device
  has UEFI secure boot enabled.

  The combo jack works perfectly in Windows 10, however, when I plug in a
  headset or headphone of any kind, it does not register that anything has
  been plugged in. The laptop is connected to a Dell dock via USB-C, so
  there is also USB Audio (Output only) available on the dock, but that
  also does not work. It worked for one session yesterday on my dock at
  work, however it does not work at my dock that I have at home. The
  internal speakers and the microphone built into the lid work fine. The
  Combo jack also does not work disconnected from the dock.

  I have installed gnome and gnome-shell, but it does not work in either
  gnome or unity (I continue to use lightdm so that I can switch back and
  forth).

  Neither Unity nor Gnome bring up any kind of "What Did You Plug In"
  dialog.

  alsamixer does not have a headphone option as expected

  pavucontrol does not allow me to select "Headphones" under the Built-in
  Audio Analog Stereo Port

  I have attempted to tweak settings in hdajackretask to no success

  I have attempted to add:

  options snd_hda_intel model=dell-headset-multi(dell-headset-dock,
  generic, auto, headset-mic, etc) to no success

+ I have also tried updating my kernel to 4.13.10, to no success.
+
  Outputs:
  uname -sr
  Linux 4.10.0-37-generic
  aplay -l
  card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC3253 Analog [ALC3253 Analog]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 1: Audio [USB Audio], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 1: Audio [USB Audio], device 1: USB Audio [USB Audio #1]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  cat /proc/asound/car*/co* | grep Codec
  Codec: Realtek ALC3253
  Codec: Intel Kabylake HDMI

[...]

+ I also tried 17.10 to no success.
+
[...]

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [16.04, ALC3253] Dell Latitude 5289 Combo Jack Does Not Recognize
  Devices

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu: