I agree. Although this is not a critical bug and I could decide to
switch to an English locale, it still is a major limitation for non-
English speaking users ruining their Gnome shell workflow. Just
consider, as an example the attached screenshots of "Impostazioni"
window ("Settings"). If one wants to quickly open the "Sfondo"
(background) tab using <SUPER>+string through the search bar he has to
remember to digit "background" to obtain any results. The same applies
to "Energia" (digit "power").

** Attachment added: "example of search for background in italian locale"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1491787/+attachment/5000296/+files/photo_2017-10-30_19-47.jpg

  System language isn't applied to gnome-control-center in Gnome-Shell

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  Hey,

  I'm referring to this issue on AskUbuntu:
  http://askubuntu.com/questions/600656/change-language-of-the-gnome-
  shell-overview

  On my Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 system all entries from the gnome-control-
  center are shown in English in the Gnome-Shell overview (see
  screenshot in the above mentioned link), even though my system
  language is German. The entries in the gnome-control-center itself are
  however in German.

  Is this due to a bug or missing translations?