I recently upgraded to 17.10 and have been having problems connecting to
wifi. Wifi Settings shows no available networks and says Unavailabel -
802.1x Supplicant Failed. If I attempt to turn off wifi and turn back
on, it will not connect at all and I have to either restart or open a
terminal and do a network restart. It's been frustrating. I'm relatively
new to Linux and for what I use it for, it's much better than Windows.
Thanks for the help.

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

wifi settings unable to connect or show visible networks after laptop closes
and then opens