Public bug reported:

I have a custom shortcut set to open google translate in firefox.  If
I'm using firefox already, this key combination will open a new firefox
window with translate, yet it will not have focus.

This is problematic in that I must then type <alt><tab> to focus the
window.

Steps:

1. create a custom shortcut to the command "/usr/bin/firefox --browser
--new-window translate.google.com"

2. open a firefox window.
3. type the shortcut.
4. see that the window does not have focus (even if it may appear in front!)

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  firefox window opened with shortcut custom global shortcut does not
  get focus