Ubuntu has just released libgtk-3-0 3.22.25 as an update to Artful,
which I believe should fix this bug.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  gnome-terminal does not fill screen when window snapping on Wayland in
  Ubuntu 17.10

Status in GNOME Terminal:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-terminal package in Ubuntu:

  When using a Wayland gnome-session or Wayland ubuntu-session in Ubuntu
  17.10, gnome-terminal (v3.24.2 is the version in the 17.10
  repositories) does not fill the screen at all when snapping the window
  to the right or left side. There are large gaps on the right and
  bottom edges of the terminal window in Wayland. On the same computer,
  with the same version of gnome-terminal in an Xorg gnome-session or
  Xorg ubuntu-session, the window fills screen space entirely and there
  is no problem. I am not using display scaling or hidpi features at
  all, my display resolution is set at default 1080p. This needs to be
  fixed or I'm ditching gnome-terminal.

  Expected behavior: gnome-terminal window should fill right/left of screen
when snapped to corner in a Wayland session
  What happened instead: gnome-terminal window does not fill screen space when
snapped to right or left edge of desktop on Wayland session, there are large
gaps below and to the right of the snapped window on either side.