CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Fri Nov 17 21:37:58 2017
DisplayManager: gdm3
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty Zapus" - Release amd64 (20170412)
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to artful on 2017-10-20 (28 days ago)

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug artful third-party-packages

  drag-and-drop suddenly stops working in app running under Wayland
  until I restart app

  Many times since I upgraded to 17.10 and started using GNOME on
  Wayland as my desktop, I've found in Thunderbird that I suddenly
  stopped being able to drag and drop messages into folders. I can click
  and hold the message and drag it, but when I hover my mouse over the
  destination folder nothing happens.

  This seems to be a problem related to gnome-shell + Wayland, because
  after like the nth time it happened I was sufficiently annoyed that I
  decided to find out if it would occur under Xorg, and in the week+
  since I switched to from Wayland to Xorg it hasn't happened a single
  time.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.1-0ubuntu5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.4
  Architecture: amd64