Public bug reported:

I notice that when I connect to a wireless network with an Apple TV, the
network device is set as the default audio device. This happens even if
I have manually set it otherwise.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Connect to network with an Apple TV.
2. PulseAudio picks up the Apple TV device and sets it as default.
3. Manually set the built-in audio card as default.
4. Disconnect from the audio network, and reconnect.
5. PulseAudio again sets the Apple TV device as default.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:
Step 2 is debatable, but step 5 definitely should not happen.

This is on Kubuntu 17.04 with pulseaudio 1:10.0-1ubuntu2 and plasma-pa
4:5.9.5-0ubuntu0.1.

** Affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

** Tags: confusing-ui

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Network sound devices are always set as default

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu: