Public bug reported:

Hi,

I'm under Ubuntu 17.10, dist-upgraded today.

Since a few days ago, I'm almost unable to print. Everytime I try to
print a PDF (2x2 pdfnup'ed books), a gs process gets stuck, occupying
100% on 1 of my cores.

Trying to use:
- pdf2ps
- gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="${NEW_TMP}"
"${ORG_TMP}"
results in the same problem, with the creation of a ps of size 0.

Using:
- gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -o repaired.pdf corrupted.pdf
- pdfnup
- evince
work like a charm on the same pdfs.

Even using 10 pages extracts of the same books results in the exact same
problem.

reinstalling ghostscript package results in the same problem.

PDF are copyrighted material (2 ebooks), so I cannot share it publicly,
but maybe I can share non-working extracts in private, on demand, for
debugging purpose?

FYI:
# dpkg --get-selections | grep filters
cups-filters                                    install
cups-filters-core-drivers                       install
foomatic-filters                                deinstall
libcupsfilters1:amd64                           install

** Affects: ghostscript (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ghostscript in Ubuntu.

  Stuck on most PDF / 1 core at 100% / Printing impossible

Status in ghostscript package in Ubuntu: