I am not seeing the issue in an up-to-date i386 artful VM with -proposed
enabled.

Can you please try downgrading libreoffice and related packages to
version 1:5.4.1-0ubuntu1 and let us know if then the applications
launch.

Are there any related crash files under /var/crash/ ?

  libreoffice do not start, even after complete reinstalling

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  I am using ubuntu 17.10
  and the problem is in libreoffice5.

  the logo of libreoffice5 appears for a few seconds then disappears without
starting the program;
  this happens with every package.

  I am not sure this is a bug, but I have not found any solution of this
  problem anywhere.

  Package: libreoffice-calc 1:5.4.2-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-17-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.5
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME-Flashback:GNOME
  Date: Wed Nov 22 13:11:30 2017
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20130213)
  SourcePackage: libreoffice