Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  "Clear All" buton should not remove calendar events from the panel

  "Clear All" works in an unexpected and non unintuitive way when it
  comes to calendar entries. Clicking it not only removes all
  notification entries from the panel but also all of the calendar
  entries which in my opinion is not what most users would expect as
  normally people wouldn't want their schedule for the day to just
  disappear if they just want to mark notifications as read.

  I get it that technically the entries are just persistent
  notifications sent by the calendar application but I don't think this
  is the expected behavior from the users. Moreover, this is exactly
  what happens when if a user switches to any past or future dates in
  the calendar/notification panel. The calendar entries for that date
  are shown but it is not possible to remove them either individually or
  by clicking clear all (disabled). If it makes sense to not remove them
  for other days, why would we want to do it for the current day when
  the schedule is the most needed. To me it seems like the design is
  mixing up 2 different concepts here. A Notification panel and Today's
  schedule panel.

  IMHO, a better design would have been to visually separate list of
  unread notifications and list of calendar events for the day like most
  operating systems do (macOS, Windows, Android, iOS). At the very least
  the clear all button should not touch the calendar entries.

  If neither of these are acceptable or doable, perhaps a way to bring
  back calendar notification after they are cleared would work.