Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the latest version of
gtk2-engines that will be available in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS has been multi-
archified.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk2-engines/1:2.20.2-4

** Changed in: gtk2-engines (Ubuntu)
       Status: Confirmed => Fix Released

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gtk2-engines in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/902128

Title:
  Please transition gtk engines to multiarch

Status in gtk2-engines package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  On 64 bit systems, running 32 bit applications that use gtk is a pain
  because gtk tries to load 64 bit versions of the gtk engines.

  A typical example of this is acroread.

  You get tons of messages like

  Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libqtcurve.so: wrong
  ELF class: ELFCLASS64

  Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libqtcurve.so: wrong
  ELF class: ELFCLASS64

  Furthermore, the apps look orrible.

  If I am not wrong, there has been a patch floating around for gtk to fix this.
  Please apply it to the ubuntu gtk.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk2-engines/+bug/902128/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to