And just double-checked, works under Windows.

Packages, which is subscribed to modemmanager in Ubuntu.

  Huawei ME936 mobile broadband can't connect

Status in modemmanager package in Ubuntu:

  Hi, I have an Acer Travelmate P648 with a Huawei ME936
  internal USB mobile broadband card, and can't connect.
  This didn't work in 17.04, and still does not work in 17.10.

  The USB device is successfully connected,
  ModemManager gets as far as "Simple connect state (8/8): All done"
  During the setup ModemManager complains with "Couldn't find associated
cdc-wdm port for 'net/wwp0s20f0u9c2'"

  DHCP tries to get a configuration, but " dhcp4 (wwp0s20f0u9c2): request timed
out".
  IP6 is set to "automatically" in the network settings for this configuration.

  and finally connection fails with
  "device (ttyUSB0): state change: ip-config -> failed (reason
'ip-config-unavailable', internal state 'managed')"

  I checked that there are enough credits left in my account with the
  provider.

  Any ideas what else to check ?

  Yours,
  Steffen