Public bug reported:

The following patch:

https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/17070#no1
https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/main/pull-requests/91/implmeth-webex-token-sasl-auth-for-jabber/diff

is providing CISCO Jabber Webex SASL auth via corporate SSO as used in
many corporates.

Can we include this into the pidgin Ubuntu package, as of now
(1:2.12.0-1ubuntu2 in 17.10) it is not included.

Problem signature in debug due to the missing sasl mech:

(17:52:26) sasl: Mechs found: WEBEX-TOKEN
(17:52:26) sasl: No worthy mechs found

The patch is not very user friendly as of now and would require the use of
external (browser based) token exchange, but that's better than not being able
to use it at all. Generally the patch would not change existing functionality,
so it would allow to use WEBEX-TOKEN for experienced users with the method
stated in pidgin tikcet 17070 (see link above) but not impact any current
functionality, so risk is low in my opinion.

** Affects: pidgin (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pidgin in Ubuntu.

  Can we include WEBEX-TOKEN sasl patch from upstream?

Status in pidgin package in Ubuntu: