I'll bump this, if I may. I too am affected - on Mint 18.3 Cinnamon.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.

  GNOME Keyring Daemon stops panel's shutdown

Status in gnome-keyring package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gnome-keyring

  Almost every time I click "Shut Down" from the panel's menu for it, I get an
error that says: "GNOME-Keyring-Daemon is not responding." Then I can choose
"Shut Down anyway" and the computer usually turns off after that, but sometimes
I need to use a sudo shutdown command.
  Also, sometimes when I select "Shut Down" from the panel, nothing happens at
all. Again, I need to use a sudo shutdown command to turn off the computer.
  This happens for all of the users on this computer (a Thinkpad laptop).
  This issue is particularly annoying for non-administrator users, because if
selecting "Shut Down" from the panel doesn't work they cannot issue a sudo
shutdown command - which means I need to assist them in changing to a tty
terminal, logging in as me, and then giving the sudo shutdown command.

  Package: gnome-keyring 2.92.92.is.2.30.3-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-24.38-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5