Somewhat confirmed. I don't use Firefox but I do experience this bug
with other apps.

In the meantime...

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. Please execute the following command only once, as it
will automatically gather debugging information, in a terminal:

apport-collect 1732704

When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-
bug' and the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this
functionality at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs.

** Summary changed:

- firefox window opened with shortcut custom global shortcut does not get focus
+ Window opened with shortcut custom global shortcut does not get focus

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1732704

Title:
  Window opened with shortcut custom global shortcut does not get focus

Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I have a custom shortcut set to open google translate in firefox.  If
  I'm using firefox already, this key combination will open a new
  firefox window with translate, yet it will not have focus.

  This is problematic in that I must then type <alt><tab> to focus the
  window.

  Steps:

  1. create a custom shortcut to the command "/usr/bin/firefox --browser
  --new-window translate.google.com"

  2. open a firefox window.
  3. type the shortcut.
  4. see that the window does not have focus (even if it may appear in front!)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1732704/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to