** Changed in: nautilus

  Add an option in Nautilus' preferences to not show mounted partitions
  on desktop

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Invalid
Status in Nautilus:
  Expired
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I have a suggestion: why Natilus' preferences doesn't have an option
  to show or not show an icon for my mounted file systems on my desktop
  ?

  To do it, the user need to google about and make changes  in gconf-
  editor.

  "In the left pane of the window, browse to apps->nautilus->desktop.
  Uncheck the volumes_visible option and the partitions on your desktop
  will disappear." (http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/10/25/hide-
  partition-icons-from-your-ubuntu-desktop/)

  bye.