To clarify, do you mean the characters don't appear in the app, or the
characters don't appear in the OSK?
** Also affects: caribou (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags added: osk
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to caribou in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1741843
Title:
caribou (gnome-shell osk): special characters not working
Status in caribou package in Ubuntu:
New
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I'm on Ubuntu 17.10 (fully updated, including Gnome-Shell). Hardware
is a Lenovo X1 Carbon Laptop with Touchscreen. I've reproduced this
issue on both Wayland and XOrg. I've reproduced this issue on the
17.10 live CD (Xorg) and on a fresh 17.10 (Wayland) install in VBox.
Bug: Caribou/Gnome-Shell Wayland support for Caribou does not display
the vast majority of special characters (the ones that you long press
on vowels to get). Nor do the upside down question and exclamation
marks work on it either. Nor do the Euro or Sterling signs work. This
makes it impossible to use when writing in any other languages than
English.
1) lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 17.10
Release: 17.10
2) package version:
caribou:
Installed: 0.4.21-2
Candidate: 0.4.21-2
Version table:
*** 0.4.21-2 500
500 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
gnome-shell:
Installed: 3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1
Candidate: 3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1
Version table:
*** 3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1 500
500 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates/main amd64
Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
3.26.1-0ubuntu4 500
500 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main amd64 Packages
3) What do I expect to happen: I expect that when I long press on e and get
the popup and select ê, ë that these letter appear
4) they do not. nothing happens
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/caribou/+bug/1741843/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp