** Package changed: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) => nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  No option to "snap desktop icons to grid" -- FEATURE REQUEST

Status in gnome-desktop:
  Unknown
Status in GNOME Shell:
  Unknown
Status in Ubuntu Seeds:
  Unknown
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  It is annoying that I cannot keep my desktop icons perfectly spaced
  into a grid fashion, unlike Windows and MacOS which *do* have that
  option.

  Not only annoying, but also not being able to have my icons perfectly
  aligned interferes with my productivity level as well, as it can take
  a little longer for me to sift through my icons because they are
  distributed unevenly across a horizontal and vertical playing field.

  The [current] "keep aligned" option only works in a vertical fashion,
  and not horizontal.

  Package: ubuntu-desktop 1.404.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-21.24-lowlatency 4.13.13
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-21-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.6
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Jan  3 11:49:45 2018