I've found appropriate solution for this problem (if you want to
continue use nvidia-340 driver):

- just install 4.9 kernel (or 4.14 if you need newer kernel) and problem
solved.

On kernel 4.9 nvidia-340 module build process passed without any
problems.

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-340 in Ubuntu.

  nvidia-340.104 dkms fails to build against 4.13.0-26

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-340 package in Ubuntu:

  Laptops like my Thinkpad W510 cannot use newer drivers than nvidia-340
  because support for their old GPU was dropped in newer revisions.

  Meltdown/Spectre is upon us and I got 4.13.0-26 today, but
  nvidia-340's dkms driver will not build, for the common reason most
  nvidia drivers won't build against the new kernels. Looking at
  nvidia's official announcement I did not see a plan or release date
  for updates to nvidia-340, yet.

  Since my laptop is my own, I'm running with the pre-KPTI 4.1.0-42 for
  now, but figured I should report this.