Proposed fix worked on my Dell Vostro 220.

    produit: Vostro 220 Series
    fabriquant: Dell Inc.
    numéro de série: DVJPQH1
    bits: 64 bits
    fonctionnalités: smbios-2.5 dmi-2.5 vsyscall32
    configuration: boot=normal chassis=desktop
uuid=44454C4C-5600-104A-8050-C4C04F514831
  *-core
       produit: 0P301D
       fabriquant: Dell Inc.
       identifiant matériel: 0
       version: A00
       numéro de série: ..CN7360489701MO.
     *-firmware
          fabriquant: Dell Inc.
          identifiant matériel: 0
          version: 1.3.0
          date: 06/22/2010
          taille: 64KiB
          capacité: 960KiB
          fonctionnalités: isa pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing escd cdboot
bootselect socketedrom edd int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880
int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer int10video acpi usb
ls120boot zipboot biosbootspecification
     *-cpu
          produit: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2200  @ 2.20GHz
          fabriquant: Intel Corp.
          identifiant matériel: 4
          information bus: cpu@0
          version: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2200  @ 2.20GHz
          numéro de série: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
          emplacement: Socket 775
          taille: 1226MHz
          capacité: 2200MHz
          bits: 64 bits
          horloge: 200MHz
          fonctionnalités: x86-64 fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae
mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2
ss ht tm pbe syscall nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl cpuid
aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm pti
dtherm cpufreq
          configuration: cores=2 enabledcores=2 threads=2
     *-pci
          produit: 4 Series Chipset DRAM Controller
          fabriquant: Intel Corporation
          identifiant matériel: 100
          information bus: pci@0000:00:00.0
          version: 03
          bits: 32 bits
          horloge: 33MHz
        *-display:0
             produit: 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
             fabriquant: Intel Corporation
             identifiant matériel: 2
             information bus: pci@0000:00:02.0
             version: 03
             bits: 64 bits
             horloge: 33MHz
             fonctionnalités: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
             configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
             ressources: irq:16 mémoire:fe400000-fe7fffff
mémoire:d0000000-dfffffff portE/S:dc00(taille=8) mémoire:c0000-dffff

Thanks!

Packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  [regression] compiz crashes after Mesa upgrade

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in mesa source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in mesa source package in Artful:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  When I use the Unity session I automatically get logged out under these
conditions:

      When I hover with my mouse over any icon of the sidebar.
      When I press the alt key.
      When I press the super key.

  running dmesg after this unwanted logout happens I get following
  information:

  compiz[10616]: segfault at 0 ip 00007fbca309feeb sp 00007fff5f59a4d0
  error 4 in i965_dri.so[7fbca2af6000+7e4000]

  This is caused by a mesa upgrade, which added a patch for bug #1727401. The
crasher is reproduced on:
  - gen4 / gen5 Intel
  - if using modesetting X driver, like when xserver-xorg-video-intel is not
installed, or the HWE stack is installed (xserver-xorg-core-hwe-16.04 defaults
to modesetting)

  [Test case]
  Log in to Unity, open the dash or try to log out etc. Compiz shouldn't crash.

  [Regression potential]
  The backported patches need to be tested, here for regressions and on 1727401
that they fix the original bug (again).

  Best to test on a wide array of Intel HW:
  gen4 (965GM/GM45/G45)
  gen5 (Ironlake)
  gen6 (Sandy Bridge)
  gen7 (Bay Trail, Ivy Bridge, Haswell)
  gen8 (Braswell, Broadwell)
  gen9 (Apollo Lake, Skylake, Gemini Lake, Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake)