Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: rpcbind (Ubuntu Xenial)

  CRITICAL BUG: Breaking ordering cycle by deleting job
  NetworkManager.service/start

Status in systemd:
  Fix Released
Status in avahi package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in nbd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in nfs-utils package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in rpcbind package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in util-linux package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in avahi source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in nbd source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in network-manager source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in nfs-utils source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in rpcbind source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in util-linux source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in nbd package in Debian:

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      15.04

  $ apt-cache policy nbd-client
  nbd-client:
    Installed: 1:3.8-4ubuntu0.1
    Candidate: 1:3.8-4ubuntu0.1
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.8-4ubuntu0.1 0
          500 http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid-updates/main amd64
Packages
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid-security/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:3.8-4 0
          500 http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid/main amd64 Packages

  I'm using the nbd-client to mount some raw disk images over the
  network but starting the nbd-client automatically during bootup does
  not happen due to the following:

  Aug 22 08:54:20 fractal kernel: [   11.875885] systemd[1]: Found dependency
on nbd-client.service/start
  Aug 22 08:54:20 fractal kernel: [   11.875890] systemd[1]: Breaking ordering
cycle by deleting job nbd-client.service/start
  Aug 22 08:54:20 fractal kernel: [   11.875891] systemd[1]: Job
nbd-client.service/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting with
basic.target/start

  Meaning after boot, I have to manually run `sudo ndb-client start`
  every time I want to access these images. Note that this is no
  diskless system, the images I mount via NBD do not contain the local
  system, they are totally unrelated.

  Bug with NFS-server and RPC-bind is indicated by messages:

  $ journalctl | grep -i break
  ноя 06 22:49:57 norbert-vaio systemd[1]: network.target: Breaking ordering
cycle by deleting job NetworkManager.service/start
  ноя 06 22:49:57 norbert-vaio systemd[1]: NetworkManager.service: Job
NetworkManager.service/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting with
network.target/start
  ноя 06 22:49:57 norbert-vaio systemd[1]: nfs-server.service: Breaking
ordering cycle by deleting job rpcbind.socket/start
  ноя 06 22:49:57 norbert-vaio systemd[1]: rpcbind.socket: Job
rpcbind.socket/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting with
nfs-server.service/start