Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: evince (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  Evince annotations lost on save

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:

  I used Evince to annotate a ~70 page PDF. Over a few hours I added a
  handful of annotations to each page. After every 5th page or so I
  would "Save a Copy" in a new file name (same filename on every save).
  When I finished editing the document I saved and noticed that the
  modified time was not updating on the file. When opening the copy, no
  annotations were present. I tried saving as different file names and
  the same thing occurred. Then, stupidly, I opened the original file
  and it closed the file I had open with the hundreds of annotations and
  now no files have the annotations. My computer is currently at this
  state. I would really like to be able to recover the annotations if
  they happen to be in a cache file somewhere. Secondly, this seems to
  be a bug.