Launchpad had correctly picked up the new version for auto-sync. See
here:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qpdf

Unfortunately there is a problem with the build servers having stopped
the release of new Bionic packages for several days. Therefore the
package does not appear for download in system updates.

You see here that 2 architectures (server-only AFAIK) are not building:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qpdf/7.1.0-1

Packages, which is subscribed to qpdf in Ubuntu.

  Please sync qpdf 7.1.0 from debian unstable

Status in qpdf package in Ubuntu:

  If possible, please sync qpdf 7.1.0-1 from debian unstable for Ubuntu
  8.04. This is binary compatible with 7.0.0, which is currently in
  Ubuntu. I thought this happened automatically, so forgive me if this
  report is superfluous. qpdf 7.1.0 has been in debian unstable for a
  week and has migrated to testing already.