Architecture: amd64
Date: Mon Jan 22 20:37:45 2018
SourcePackage: gedit
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to artful on 2017-09-12 (132 days ago)

** Affects: gedit (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug artful

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  Text area completely fails to clear during redraw

Status in gedit package in Ubuntu:

  At some point since after the 17.10 upgrade, the main text area has
  been totally failing to redraw properly for me. Scrolling results in
  complete garbage being displayed. Selecting everything redraws the
  background to orange, so you can temporarily see what's going on.

  Here's a short screen recording of me selecting, scrolling etc. the text to
show it being complete garbage:
  https://b.goeswhere.com/gedit-redraw-fail.mp4 [3MB]

  I'm using the nvidia binary driver, and i3. Running a compositor
  doesn't make any difference.

  I presume the problem is in some gnome library, not in gedit itself,
  but the gedit bug is very.. visual.

  Package: gedit 3.22.1-1ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: amd64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to artful on 2017-09-12 (132 days ago)