Seems to work fine in current evince 3.26.0-3 with poppler
0.57.0-2ubuntu5

** Changed in: poppler (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to poppler in Ubuntu.

  Missing some Czech unicode characters in selected text

Status in poppler package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: evince

  I have a small problem with Document Viewer 2.28.1 (evince). I have
downloaded the time table (pdf file) of the Prague bus 165
(http://jrportal.dpp.cz/jrportal/LineList.aspx?t=3&mi=5&n=1&lc=165&d=2010-01-04)
 in Firefox and it was opened by Document Viewer. It looked well including
special Czech character. But when I selected the text by mouse, some Czech
characters were missing. Like 'ř', 'š' etc. For example "Přístav Radotín"
looked like 'P ístav Radotín' when selected etc. It seem that some fonts are
missing and it is all but I think things like this should work automatically on
Ubuntu.
  (Ubuntu 9.10, Czech language)

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386