A correction to #34

$ vdpauinfo
display: :0   screen: 0
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_i965.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory
Error creating VDPAU device: 1

$ xine
Questo è xine (X11 gui) - un riproduttore video libero v0.99.9.
(c) 2000-2014 The xine Team.
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_i965.so: impossibile aprire il file
oggetto condiviso: File o directory non esistente
vo_vdpau: Can't create vdp device : No vdpau implementation.
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  151 (XVideo)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  17 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  2632

Packages, which is subscribed to libvdpau in Ubuntu.

  Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_i965.so: cannot open shared
  object file: No such file or directory

Status in libvdpau package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in libvdpau-va-gl package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in linux-lts-xenial package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in vdr-plugin-xineliboutput package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in vlc package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in xine-ui package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in libvdpau package in Debian:

  This has been bothering me at least since precise (although there the
  missing link went to libvdpau_nvidia.so which was all the more
  mysterious since I do not own NVIDIA hardware).  In numerous cases do
  I get a warning that libvdpau_i965.so is being tried to be accessed
  but it fails.  I also can't find that file anywhere on my system or in
  the Ubuntu repository.  I tried poking around with ldd to find out
  where the call to that lib comes from but so far unsuccessful.

  $ vdpauinfo
  display: :0   screen: 0
  Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_i965.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
  Error creating VDPAU device: 1

  libvdpau1:i386 is version 0.7-1 and vdpauinfo is 0.1-1