Public bug reported:

On logging in after reboot, my username and password are not recognized
for several attempts (two or three) and after I log in I get the
following report

lightdm crashed with SIGSEGV in pam_sm_authenticate

Segfault happened at: 0x7f5184e88d30 <pam_sm_authenticate+3392>:   mov
0x8(%rbx),%r15
PC(0x7f5184e88d30) ok
source "0x8(%rbx)" (0x00000008) not located in a known VMA region (needed
readable region)!
destination "%r15" ok

SegvReason: reading NULL VMA

** Affects: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  lightdm crashes on pam_sm_authenticate

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu: