** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1241894
   Network History no longer works in System Monitor since 13.10
   Missing statistics for `tx_bytes`, `tx_packets`, `rx_bytes` and `rx_packets`
since Ubuntu 13.10

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu.

  Not able to see network traffic on gnome-system-monitor or nmon

Status in gnome-system-monitor package in Ubuntu:

  I have Ubuntu Desktop 64-bits 13.10 and 14.04.
  I'm not able to see network traffic on gnome-system-monitor and/or nmon. In
both cases they are always in "zero".
  Network is working ok. Common web-browsers and BitTorrent are able to inform
the network traffic for their downloads and uploads.
  I experienced that situation on Ubuntu Desktop 13.10-10 up to 13.10-17. I
expected Ubuntu 14.04 to solve it but I have the same behavior. Both
gnome-system-monitor and nmon (and probably other tools too) should show the
network traffic bandwidth. I don't know if this is a configuration issue or a
bug.

  My hardware is an AMD FX-6300 CPU on ASUS M5A78L-M LX3 with the on-
  board Ethernet card.

  lsb_release -rd:
  Release:      14.04

  apt-cache policy gnome-system-monitor