@Timothee What is ridiculous is making comments which sound very much
like entitlement, while expecting other people to do all the work for
free. Sure, this is a nuisance, but obviously not a very big one,
otherwise there would be more pressure and willingness to get it sorted
out. If it was that much of a problem for me, I'd take a look at the
code and propose a patch: sounds simple enough to do, but it's not
important enough to me.

As it is, "I'm going to switch to Windows and Adobe because I can't zoom
in more than 400% in a PDF" is a completely bizarre threat. If that's
all it takes, you'll be switching between operating systems faster than
socks, in which case, it doesn't matter anyway. Otherwise it's just
lashing out, which again doesn't matter (at best) or is counter-
productive (at worst).

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  Maximum zoom in Evince is 400%

Status in Evince:
  Confirmed
Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Invalid
Status in evince package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: evince

  Evince zoom max is 400%, and in some pdf this is too small. I have to
  use xpdf to open some file in a usable way.. you should remove this
  limit

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386