Hi Leonid,

thanks for quick response, and sorry for my tardy reply (I had to fix a
more pressing issue first).

I went looking for the settings.json file you mention (for reference,
I'm using https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-
maint/transmission.git/tree/debian/settings.json?id=refs/heads/master ).

Using the content there, I was able to trace the issue - my ancient
config file didn't require the (now compulsory, I think) authentication.
Regardless, it's now working.

Please close this bug; thanks for your help.

Richarrd

Packages, which is subscribed to transmission in Ubuntu.

  web interface fails on load

Status in transmission package in Ubuntu:

  Upstream issue report (fixed in upstream version 2.92)
  https://github.com/transmission/transmission/issues/476

  I am unable to connect to the remote web UI, or use any other remote
  control application. Transmission itself works, but I can't control it
  except by ssh-ing into the machine its running on with transmission-
  remote.

  Package: transmission 2.84-3ubuntu3.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.15
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Jan 22 21:57:36 2018
  Dependencies: transmission-common 2.84-3ubuntu3.1
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 12.04.2 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release
amd64 (20130214)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: transmission
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2017-02-05 (351 days ago)