On Debian/Stretch - lightdm 1.18.3 - this issue is still present.

The script mentioned in comment 9 has served us well for the past 3+
years and is "maintained" on https://github.com/cedric-dufour/custom-
conf/tree/master/generic/all/custom-conf-pam-krb5/usr/share/custom-conf-
pam-krb5/config/etc/security/pam-script.d as part of our "standard"
Kerberos/PAM configuration.

Best

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  lightdm uses wrong ccache name on pam_krb5 credentials refresh

Status in gdm:
  New
Status in Light Display Manager:
  Triaged
Status in libpam-krb5 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  As already noted by Brian Knoll in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/1296276/comments/24
  lightdm 1.10.1-0ubuntu1 uses an inappropriate credentials cache,
/tmp/krb5cc_0, when refreshing Kerberos credentials on screen unlock.

  I couldn't find the new bug Robert Ancell called for in
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/1296276/comments/27
  so I'm opening one now.