Since the update to ubuntu 17.10 the black vertical central line appears
on my PC and Laptop with any scanning software independently of the
configurations. The scanner works very well under Windows 10. I'm still
waiting for a solution!

Packages, which is subscribed to sane-backends in Ubuntu.

  genesys_gl847 scanners produce a black band in scanned images on
  Ubuntu 17.10

Status in sane-backends package in Ubuntu:

  On Windows it works but on my Ubuntu 17.10 I see a black band on
  scanned image. The scanner is Canon CanoScan LIDE100. Libsane version
  is 1.0.27-1~experimental2ubuntu1