I guess that Oliver answer is a good workaround:
sudo snap connect chromium:camera :camera

But I think that this should be fixed, by default camera access should
be granted, or when the notification appear, the permissions should be
granted.

** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [snap] camera access doesn't work, even after connecting camera
  interface

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  $ snap info chromium
  tracking:    candidate
  installed:   63.0.3239.108 (192) 164MB -
  refreshed:   2017-12-18 22:08:42 +0100 CET

  After connecting the camera interface (snap connect chromium:camera
  :camera), when browsing to e.g.
  https://davidwalsh.name/demo/camera.php I get prompted to allow camera
  usage, but the frame remains empty, it looks like the webcam is not
  capturing anything.