I think your point of distinction there is a third bug; bug 1595695.

So let's keep this as bug 1738838 plus bug 1595695.

   Bluetooth icon shows "Off" and the only option given below it is "Turn Off"

  Bluetooth states off in systray while on

  The bluetooth indicator suggest that bluetooth is disabled (turned
  off) while this is not the case. See screenshot 1. Only after opening
  the bluetooth toggle, you can see the actual correct action: turn off.
  See screenshot 2.

  As far as I can remember, this behaviour has been introduced on 17.10.