Patrik,

Please try this command to try and help us gather more information about
the spinning process (while it is still spinning):

apport-cli -u 1749424 --hanging -P `pidof -s gnome-shell`

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  gnome-shell at 100% after waking up from sleep, screen frozen

  About 30% of the times when my computer wakes up from sleep/suspend,
  the screen is frozen. I can remotely login via ssh, and every time
  what I found is the gnome-shell process is using 100% CPU time. If I
  kill gnome-shell, it it takes me back to the login screen, and
  everything seems to be fine, I'm just loosing my session, which is
  quite annoying. Let me know if you need anything else, easy to
  reproduce the behaviour.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: amd64