This bug is missing the SRU template information. Also, it seems that
both the bionic and artful tasks are still not Fix Released? It's hard
for me to see if this has been fixed at least in bionic already? If the
bug is present in artful as well, we would need it backported to that
series as well to make sure users upgrading from xenial to artful do not
regress in functionality.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Snaps do not show in categories

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-software source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-software source package in Artful:
  Triaged
Status in gnome-software source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  1- I uploaded a snap on myapps.developer.ubuntu.com
  2- I choose Category: Games (note that I cannot choose a sub-category (Kids))
  3- Default type: ? (I choose application, but not sure what it does exactly)
  4- Opening Ubuntu Software on Ubuntu 16.04 I can find and install it when
using the search bar
  5- BUT my application is not listed in any categories, not even in Games - All
  6- After installing the application, I can see it listed in Games - Kids
(because the .desktop file have this entry Categories=Game;KidsGame?)

  Looks like only .deb are listed in categories within Ubuntu Software?