Closed due to no response.

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gsettings-ubuntu-touch-schemas in

  Muting sound indicator in Unity Greeter does not mute sound on login

Status in Ayatana Design:
  Fix Committed
Status in The Sound Menu:
Status in Unity Greeter:
Status in gsettings-ubuntu-touch-schemas package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in indicator-sound package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  I am using beta edition of Ubuntu 11.10,with lightdm 0.9.3-0ubuntu8,and unity
  There is a new feature in Display Manager(well,I didn't notice it in gdm,but
it might have been there as well),That you can mute the sound so that login
sound wont play(This option exists in the top of the lightdm login page,when
you turn on ubuntu and load it)However,Login sound will still play and sound
settings will change regardless of what you choose.
  I should add that,this happens only after a reboot or shutdown,boot again,and
not when you logout and login again

  <>: "Sound volume should also be
  independent of which user — or whether any user — is logged in. This
  way, if you mute or turn down sound at the login screen, you will not
  be surprised or frustrated by sound playing loudly after you log in."